If your dog likes splashing around in water, especially during the summer time, then it might be time to treat them to a swimming pool, but not just any pool, one of the best swimming pools for dogs!
If you’re looking to buy a quality swimming pool for your dog, it can be a very daunting task, especially if you have never bought a pool before.
There are so many different types of pools that you could choose from and they all have their own pros & cons. So how do you know which is the best?
The first thing you need to consider when buying a swimming pool for your dogs is what size you want. The bigger the pool, the more time your dog is likely to spend in it – plus they’re better for a bigger dog. A smaller pool may not be ideal if you have an active dog who likes to swim around or play fetch, or if you are trying to teach your dog to swim in a pool.
You also need to think about where you plan on placing this pool. It needs to be somewhere close by because your dog will likely want to go in often.
With all this in mind, let’s take a look at the best swimming pools for your dog that our team reviewed and tested.
Table of Contents
- 1. Jasonwell Foldable Dog Swimming Pool
- 2. Petsfit Foldable Dog Pool
- 3. PawHut Dog Swimming Pool
- 4. iPettie Foldable Dog Swimming Pool
- 5. Juegoal Large Dog Swimming Pool
- The Complete Dog Pool Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Why Buy A Dog Swimming Pool?
- What Is Considering A Good Quality Dog Pool?
- How Long Does A Dog Swimming Pool Last?
- Does A Swimming Pool For Dogs Leak Easily?
- Are Dog Swimming Pools Safe?
- Is It Possible To Train My Dog To Use A Dog Swimming Pool?
- How Long Does It Take To Train My Dog To Swim?
- Is It Safe For My Dog To Swim In A Public Pool?
- Conclusion on The Best Dog Swimming Pools
This is a great option for people with small dogs as well as those with larger ones as there are 5 different sizes to choose from. The smallest sizes can also be a great option for a toddler pool as well!
This pool has a maximum depth of 1.5m (4.9ft) and comes with a slip resistant mat. It features a removable cover and a drain plug. This makes cleaning easy, as well as refilling the pool with lots of fresh water.
The pool itself is made out of polyvinyl chloride and doesn’t need to be inflated, which also means it is super easy to fold and store!
- Easy to clean
- Removable cover
- slip resistant mat included
- Suitable for both large and small dogs
- May be difficult to store
- Drain hose not included
- Portable: foldable, easy to store and bring with you and your dog everywhere
- Simple: No need of inflation,set up in no time. With bottom/side drain, easy to drain and refresh water
- Slip Resistant & Durable: made of extra-tough PVC. Thicker slip resistant material on the bottom
- Size: Available in 5 Sizes.S---32" x 8", M---39.5" x 12", L---48" x 12", XL---55.1" x 12", XXL---63" x 12"
- Enviromentally friendly material: EN71,ASTM standard. Please Trim your dogs' nails before using the pool.
This is another great choice for people with small dogs. It includes 4 different sizes, ranging from 2.2 x 3.3 meters to 6.1 x 7.8 meters. It’s easily foldable and lightweight making it perfect for transporting.
It also has a built-in floatation system that helps keep your dog safe while they’re playing in the water.
It’s made out of plastic and PVC and requires no inflation. It comes with a carry bag to help transport it easily.
- Lightweight & foldable
- Built-in floatation system
- Includes 4 different sizes
• Not suitable for many types of big dogs
- Durable: Double wall design for better leakproof, covered in a tough puncture-resistant Oxford and nylon fabric, holding up well to pets’ claws after plenty of use.
- Stable: A wire frame ring in the top to keep the pool’s shape from falling apart even when it is full of water.
- Portable: The puppy bathtub can be folded up small into flat part, requiring little space to store or transport.
- Convenient: Not need to inflate, and easy to drain by simply pushing one of the panels down to release its contents.
- Spacious size: 41” in diameter and 12” deep. Ideal space for small/medium dog to take bath and play.
This is a great choice for people with medium sized dogs. It comes in two sizes: 10 x 12 meters and 15 x 18 meters.
It’s made of high quality materials including ABS plastic and steel mesh. It also has a durable construction meaning it won’t easily break down over time.
There are two handles attached to the sides of the pool, allowing you to carry it around without any hassle.
- Durable construction
- Two handles for carrying
- Comes in 2 sizes
- Comparitively Expensive
- NO INFLATION NECESSARY: Simply unfold the plastic swimming pool, fill with water, and sit back and watch your pet play in it.
- ALL-PURPOSE DESIGN: This foldable swimming pool has many uses including a cat or collapsible dog pool, pet bathing tub, toddler/kiddie swimming pool, sandbox, sand pit or ball pit.
- DURABLE: PVC material, built-in thick high-strength compression wood board, make the whole pool more durable and not collapse!
- COOLING FUN: Give your furry friend the opportunity to cool off during those warm summer days, as well as a place to play and have fun.Ideal for use in backyard, patios, lawn, garden and etc.
- PORTABLE & EASY TO STORE: A built-in plug makes draining the water fast and simple. It'foldable, which means it'easy to carry and store away when not in use or for traveling.
An eco-friendly alternative to traditional plastic pools, iPettie is a collapsible pool that can be folded up into a compact shape.
It’s made from biodegradable material and has a floating feature that helps keep your pet safe. It also has a drainage hole and a handle for easy transport. It’s suitable for medium sized dogs and weighs just 8kg (17lb).
- Eco friendly
- Floating feature
- Made from biodegradable materials
- Only suitable for medium sized dogs
- Eco-friendly - iPettie Dog Pool is made from only Eco-friendly materials, which is EN71. Also, This plastic pool for dogs uses ASTM standard plastic and an UV-resistant coating.
- Simple - This puppy pool is easy to set up within 10 seconds, no need to inflate. Easy to dry up the pet pool with the side drain.
- Foldable Pool - Easy to fold the doggie pool for storage. Convenient to put the doggy pool on your car or wherever you need.
- Durable & Anti-Slip - The XL dog pool is made of extra-tough PVC, its bottom is durable and slip resistant.
- Dog Pools for Large Dogs - 63” Diameter and 11.8” Deep. This large dog pool has enough space for large or medium dogs, multiple pets and kids.
A very popular option among dog owners, Juegoal offers a range of options for their customers. They offer a variety of sizes, shapes and colors.
This particular pool is great for a large sized dog, as well as the family.
It can be folded for either transport or to store it. It comes with a drain plug to help remove the water quickly and easily.
The pool is made using an advanced technology called ‘Polyurethane Foam’ which means it will last longer than other types of swimming pools.
- Great size
- Ideal For Bigger Dog Breeds
- Can be stored easily
- Polyurethane foam technology
- Potentially Pricey
- NON-SLIP & DURABLE: The dog swimming pool is made of premium PVC material and thickened MDF boards to provide a high-quality swimming place for your pets in the garden or on the beach. Meanwhile, the non-slip bottom of the pet swimming pool can prevent your pets/kids from slipping when they are splashing around in the pool.
- SPACE-SAVING: The dog bathing pool can be folded into a small portable size, easy to store and carry around. After showering your dog, just open sealed drain to empty water. Keep Dog Pool dry naturally and then you can fold it. Besides, when you are going a trip, you can take the lightweight Pet Bath Tub in your car
- WIDELY APPLICABLE: It can be used as a pet swimming pool, dog bath tub, outdoor water pond, fish pond, baby bathtub, kiddie Pool, etc. It is a great product for indoor and outdoor garden, beach, yard or home.
- EASY TO USE: Due to the simple structure, the plastic pet pool is super easy to use. You only need to unfold the dog bath tub and fill it with water, and then you can shower your dog in the cool pool, with no air pump needed. After the bath, just open the drainage valve to let the water drain and dry out, then fold it up.
- NOTES: Do NOT lift Dog Pool when it is full of water or let your dog bite it.
The Complete Dog Pool Buyer’s Guide
When it comes to buying a dog swimming pool, it can be difficult to understand what to look for. This quick buyer’s guide will help you know the key factors when deciding what is right for you and your dog.
The first thing you’ll want to consider when purchasing a dog swimming pool is its size. You should always choose one that is appropriate for your dog.
A good rule of thumb is that if your dog is smaller than 20cm (7.9 inches) then he/she should have access to a pool that is at least 1 meter long by 0.5m wide.
If your dog is bigger than this, then you may need to go for a larger pool.
Another important factor to take into consideration is the type of material used to make the pool. Plastic pools are usually cheaper but they tend to be more flimsy.
Steel and concrete pools are much sturdier and can withstand heavy use.
However, these are often more expensive and require a lot of work to not only maintain, but fit into the foundations of your home.
Also, if you do decide to go with a regular concrete pool, then you are also wanting something more permanent.
A foldable plastic pool can be transported, so if you were to go on vacation, you can take the dog swimming pool along with you.
Another feature to look out for is whether the pool has a floating feature.
These features allow the water to stay on top of the pool rather than sinking below the surface. This makes it easier for your dog to swim and play in the water.
You should also check whether there is a drainage system built into the pool.
Some pools come with a filter that removes dirt and debris from the water. Others don’t include such systems. Make sure you know how to operate them before you buy.
Some dog swimming pools come with a folding feature. If you’re planning to move house, then you can simply pack up your pool and take it with you.
You can also take it with you on vacation so the dog has somewhere he or she can relax and play in the water.
However, some pools cannot be folded and must be assembled before use. This can also be because it is inflatable – however, this type can still be easily carried around, similar to an inflatable or portable hot tub.
You should also think about where you plan to keep the pool once you’ve bought it.
Some dog swimming pools come with wheels attached to the bottom. This allows you to roll it around the garden or driveway.
If you plan to leave the pool outside all year round, then you might want to get a pool cover. They offer protection against rain and snow. Check out some of the best winter pool covers here!
However, if you do have a foldable swimming pool, there is also the option of folding it up and storing it away.
You should also take into account your budget. Prices vary depending on the type of pool you purchase, though there are lots of bargains to be had.
There are many different types of dog swimming pools available. So, you can find a suitable pool for any price range.
You might find that a bigger pool costs more compared to a smaller pool. Unfortunately, this is just the way it is – you are getting more pool, after all!
Even so, if you have a big dog, or even a couple of dogs, it makes sense to invest in a bigger pool no matter what the price is. You wouldn’t want to make your dog go into a swimming pool that is too small for them.
Slip Resistant Mat
Finally, you need to consider the mat underneath the pool.
This will help prevent your dog slipping when they jump in. It’s important that the mat is slip resistant as well as waterproof. This also applies to those investing in a top-rated dog ramp for their swimming pool, to ensure and exit your dog can enter your main pool safely and securely
The best mats are made from rubber. Rubber absorbs water and doesn’t absorb heat like other materials. You can also get mats made from neoprene which is similar to rubber but is much cheaper.
Lastly, you should check whether the pool comes with a warranty. Most manufacturers provide warranties ranging from 3-10 years.
It’s best to purchase a pool that provides a warranty so that you’re covered if anything goes wrong.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are our team’s answers to some of our most regularly asked questions about dog swimming pools below. Enjoy!
Why Buy A Dog Swimming Pool?
Dog swimming pools are great fun for both humans and their pets. The benefits of having a pool for your dog are numerous.
Your dog will love playing in the water. He or she will enjoy splashing around and diving in. While dogs can swim in normal swimming pools, they will need to be able to swim, and you will also need to know how to stop your dog from drinking pool water, since the chemicals used in normal inground and above ground pools can be harmful if they ingest too much.
A quality swimming pool for dogs will give you and your dog a chance to spend time together in the summer months.
It will also allow you to exercise your dog without needing to worry about him or her running off and getting lost.
What Is Considering A Good Quality Dog Pool?
A good swimming pool for dogs is one that suits their size and weight.
It needs to be large enough for them to enjoy playing in. However, it shouldn’t be too big that they struggle to enter or exit it.
Make sure that the pool is deep enough for them to swim comfortably. The depth should be at least 1 meter (3 feet).
How Long Does A Dog Swimming Pool Last?
Most dog swimming pools last between 5-15 years. They tend to deteriorate over time due to exposure to sunlight and weather conditions.
So, it’s worth buying a new pool every 5 years or so.
Does A Swimming Pool For Dogs Leak Easily?
Leakage is usually caused by punctures or tears in the pool lining. If you notice any leaks, contact the manufacturer straightaway.
They’ll normally replace the liner free of charge if there is warranty, otherwise it will be best to buy a new one.
Are Dog Swimming Pools Safe?
Yes, most dog swimming pools are completely safe.
However, it’s always wise to supervise your dog while they’re using the pool. This includes ensuring that they don’t fall in and drown.
Remember to keep an eye out for signs of illness such as diarrhea or vomiting. If you see these symptoms, call your vet immediately.
Is It Possible To Train My Dog To Use A Dog Swimming Pool?
Training your dog to use a dog pool is simple. Just teach them how to step into the pool and then encourage them to stay there until they’ve finished playing. When they do finish, reward them with treats and praise.
Always supervise your dog in the swimming pool, especially if they are new to being in one.
You will want to avoid any risk of injury, or at worst, death because of drowning.
How Long Does It Take To Train My Dog To Swim?
Generally speaking, you should know that training your dog to swim takes time. The first few times they try to jump in, they may not be able to stay afloat. This is normal, so don’t be discouraged.
They’ll probably fall over and sink at least once. But, as soon as they realize how easy it is to stay afloat, they’ll start jumping in without hesitation.
They’ll learn quickly and become confident swimmers within a week.
Is It Safe For My Dog To Swim In A Public Pool?
Public pools are generally very clean and hygienic. There are usually plenty of lifeguards on duty who will supervise children and pets.
However, it’s always advisable to ask the pool manager or lifeguard before taking your pet into a public pool.
Some people don’t allow pets in the pool at all. Others only allow certain breeds or sizes. If you’re unsure about what’s allowed, ask the person in charge.
Conclusion on The Best Dog Swimming Pools
We hope you enjoyed our guide on the best swimming pools for dogs! Letting your doggo into some fun pool time this spring and summer is it great activity to keep them happy and cooled down.
The 5 dog pools we reviewed above are all great picks, with our overall favorite being the Jasonwell Foldable Dog Swimming Pool, of course we recommend that you consider your dog’s size, where you will keep the pool, how you will use it, how often you will use it, and your budget when deciding the best swimming pool for your dog!
My name is Denise and I am an Analytical Chemist located in the Kansas City metro area. Some things I am passionate about are gardening, science, swimming, and blogging. I am happy to be part of the All About Pools team & contribute my knowledge & expertise to help swimming pool owners and backyard enthusiasts!